Upgrade Basics of Exploration (BoE) Tec
- Must be 16 years old and above.
- Must be a certified diver from a particular scuba training organization.
- Must be a BoE certified diver
- Must be able to swim 15 m on a breath hold.
- Must meet the general fitness level for the sport
The ISE Basics of Exploration Tec Upgrade is for already BoE trained students which may get a tec certification. This upgrade covers the use of a Bottomstage and Hyperoxic Trimix - 25/25 for the use in no decompression dives down to 40 meters.
The Tec Upgrade is prerequisite for participating at any Level 1 class.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE CLASS CAN BE CONDUCTED IN:
opencircuit backmount / sidemount or any rebreather that you are certified on.
This class will be conducted over a duration of generally 2 days.
- Student to instructor ratio will not exceed 3:1 in all in-water and surface sessions.
- Maximum training depth of 40 m.
- No decompression.
- No overhead environment (i.e caves).
- Dive planning
- Gas management
- Stage handling techniques
- Helium Theorie
- Intro to Hyperoxic Trimix
- Dive team protocols
- Equipment fitting
- Propulsion techniques
- Foundational skills
- Valve drill
- Safety drill
- Pre-dive sequence
- Surface marker deployment
- Stage handling
- Ascent procedures
Students can use ANY equipment for the course. These are the highly recommended equipment for the class. Please email the instructor should you have further enquiries.
- Tank/s: Students should use single or double tanks. Double tanks setup requires a dual outlet isolator manifold, which allows for the use of two first-stages.
- Regulators: For single tank setup, the first stage must provide a second stage on a 2 meter hose, and another on a hose not exceeding 60 cm, attached with a shock cord on the mouth piece. It must also provide a pressure gauge on a hose not exceeding 60 cm, and inflation for a buoyancy compensator and dry suit (where applicable). For double tank setup, one first stage must provide a second stage on a 2 meter hose and inflation for buoyancy compensator. The other must provide a second stage on a hose not exceeding 60 cm, attached with a shock cord on the mouth piece. It must also provide a pressure gauge on a hose not exceeding 60 cm, and inflation for dry suit (where applicable).
- Backplate: A rigid and flat platform, of metal construction held to the diver by one continuous piece of nylon webbing. This webbing should be adjustable through the plate with triglides to hold positions, and a buckle to secure the system at the waist. A crotch strap attached to the lower end of the plate and has a loop to pass the waist band through to secure the system. A knife sheath should be attached at the waist and will be adjusted beside the crotch strap when ready. This webbing should support five D-rings; 1 on the left, and 1 on right shoulder strap, both approximately the collar bone level. 2 on the crotch strap with one at the front and one at the buttocks. The shoulder straps should have small rubber bands to hold the back-up lights. The system should have no unnecessary components.
- Buoyancy Compensator Device: The buoyancy compensator device should be back-mounted and streamlined with only one inflator. There should be no bungee cords of any sort on the buoyancy cell. The lift should not exceed 25 kg for doubles, and 18 kg for singles. Wing size and shape should be appropriate to the cylinders used during training.
- At least one depth measuring device.
- At least one time keeping device.
- At least one knife and line cutting device.
- At least one low volume mask.
- One pair of non split, rigid fins.
- One underwater notepad.
- One closed style surface marker (3.3ft / 1m)
- One spool of at least 30 meters of line per diver.
- One stage of 7 Liter of 80 cft rigged in an appropriated way.
- One Stage regulator - swivel style with a 1 Meter hose and a short SPG
- One exposure suit that is appropriate for the training environment and water temperature.
Tuition of min 240 € per student + instructor's travel and diving expenses. (to be shared equally amongst all students)